Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Invitation

I was called by a woman a few months ago to design her beautiful wedding invitation. I have designed many invitations in the past, but this one was the most unique.

My client really wanted to have a personalized wedding invitation and it was a really fun invite to design. Her idea was that she and her fiancee (while they were courting) wrote letters back and forth to each other for 2 years while he served an LDS mission in Brazil. She also wanted an old world feel to her invitation. Here is what we came up with (blur to protect my client)


The stripes were on every letter they sent to each other. Their envelopes match the postal lines.



The couple will be spending their honeymoon together in Hawaii, so they wanted this on a postcard 
for their formal dinner invitation.


The compass is what brings the temple sealing  (ceremony) together ... showing that the couple is pointed in the direction to everlasting happiness!

I am really happy with how it turned out. If you know anyone, or are interested in a custom design for your Wedding, Party, Baby Shower, Announcement, etc ... please email me for a quote!
skierdouglass@gmail.com