Tuesday, November 18, 2008

CKC Catch up

Just when I think I will have all the time in the world to come home and enjoy a little "R&R", 1000 get piled on my plate! I guess that is life isn't it!

CKC - Seattle was loads of fun. I got to meet so many wonderful and awe inspiring women. I arrived Thursday mid day, and after checking in at the convention, headed to Sammamish where my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and five kiddo's live. Adam and I traveled to Seattle for the first time in May and loved every minute of it. I think I have something going with the weather because each time I have been it has been GORGEOUS weather! There was this little Mongolian Grill I remembered eating at and decided to get lunch their again. GREAT IDEA might I include!

I taught one class on Thursday night, 6 classes on Friday, and 5 classes on Saturday. I was EXHAUSTED on Saturday night to say the least, but it was a good exhaustion. Maybe instead of boring you with paragraph after paragraph, I will just highlight some of my favorite things about the weekend!

* My sister-in-law joining me the entire day Thursday. We don't get to hang out much these days since we live so far away, and I forgot how much I missed girl time. We just never find it hard to have conversation!
* Sara and I ate at Cheesecake Factory for lunch. If you haven't ever eaten there, I suggest you eat the VANILLA BEAN cheesecake for dessert. It will change your life. (Speaking of, I forgot I had the remaining half of mine in the fridge and didn't even finish it! Enjoy Sara!)
* I met up with Stacy, Wendy, & Paula. These are the most amazing women in the world. If only they knew how much they have inspired me.
* I went to the Bellevue Square mall ... and got to go to The Apple store, Nordstrom (Thank you MAC makeup!) Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, Threads (PB new kids clothing store) and PB Kids. Oh do I miss malls!
* Emily Haskell who really is THE WOMAN when it comes to CK and all the organizing of teaching at CK. I found out that she knows my brother & sister-in-law. What a small world eh? Thanks again for everything Emily.
* Hanging out with my Bro-in-Law Sean, talking "design", and those darling 5 kids. Man do I miss their family.

Some things that I wish I could change about the weekend:

* Bryson started crawling while I was gone ... not all bad, other than I really now understand what baby proof is all about, but I was so sad that it was WHILE I WAS GONE!
* I bought a new battery for my lap top, even brought in my lap top to make sure it would match, and they gave me the wrong one. Too bad I left at 11:00 am the next day and couldn't exchange it! Thank you SLC for having an Apple store so I can exchange it when I am up there this next weekend!

Anyway, Thanks so all of my wonderful students who shared many stories with me, and again to Sean and Sara for letting me crash at their house. It was so much fun!

I was so relieved to fly into Page and see my two boys. It was 8:30 pm and Adam tried to get Bryson to crawl for me. He was so tired, that he crawled two steps and burst into tears. When I picked him up he laid his head on my shoulder. OH this boy has his mommy's heart! It was soooo good to be home!

2 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Mongolian Grill! I have eaten there many a time - Eastlake High School is just a block away, good times. I'm so glad I get to go to Redmond for Thanksgiving next week because your post made me very home sick :) CKC sounded like a blast, thanks for sharing!

marnie said...

oooh, mandy, i want to go to one of your classes! i totally love teaching the ckc's and i sooo understand that good tired. i am glad you have fun and more than a wee bit jealous that you got to see my stacy and wendy!

sorry about the crawling thing. both that it is happening and that you missed the first one! here's to a new you - being the mom of a crawler is a whole new ballgame. sigh. they are so fast...

toodles!