Thursday, October 11, 2012

Back with Pumpkins on Studio 5

Still hoping to update you on lots of things. Part of my crazy last couple of weeks has been preparing another fun segment for Studio 5. Although it has been crazy trying to juggle crafting with life, I have really enjoyed making fun new pumpkin decorations for my house. After re-watching the segment, I noticed we didn't mention the small spooky pumpkins that were displayed in front. Check back in the next day or two for a tutorial on how to make these darling pumpkins! Enjoy the segment and recipe below!
MINI PUMPKIN COOKIES

I loved the look of these darling cookies I found in the Halloween in Matthew Mead book. However after making them one time, I found that they needed to be a little sweeter, and the pumpkin flavor needed to be a little stronger for my taste. So after making them a second time I made a few adjustments, & they turned out just perfect. Enjoy the recipe!



Recipe for Mini Pumpkin Cookies
Original Recipe - Halloween with Matthew Mead
Adjustments made by Mandy Douglass

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 TBSP Vanilla
8 Drops of Orange food coloring
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Sour Patch green apple straws

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees.
2. Beat butter with powdered sugar. Add in Vanilla & orange food coloring. I like the gel food coloring you can get at Orson Gigi or Hobby Lobby. (I used Ameri Color electric Orange).
3. Ina separate bowl blend flour, salt, and pumpkin spice.
4. Add dry ingredients slowly (trust me on this one ... I had flour EVERYWHERE yesterday!)to the butter mixture and mix until well-blended.
5. Scoop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls and roll into balls. Roll balls of dough into granulated sugar then place on greased cookie sheet.
6. Use the end of a teaspoon to make a divot in the top of each cookie.
7. Cook cookies for approximately 15 minutes. Place cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Cut small 1-1/2" strips of straws and place in top of cookies while still warm.

1 comment:

Elasticneko said...

Hii great reading your blog