Monday, April 18, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers?

Well in an effort to quietly try get the sun to come out, get those tulips to bloom, and keep me busy, I have decided to craft my way to spring. Because we are now trying to get furniture for our new house, new spring decor isn't exactly in the budget. I decided to take a stab at making my Spring Decorations again. if you remember last year I made this topiary:(Click hereto see the post and how to make them)

Well I went to put the topiary up this year, and decided my spring decor needed some additions. I looked for inspiration, and decided that a banner would be great! I didn't want to do the theme "easter" because it would only be up for a week or so, & I already have this spring display on top of my Entertainment center:So I though, BLOOM! That would be a great theme.

Now because I have boys, I don't get to use pastels, glitter, or ribbon much ... so I decided that now was my chance. Here is how it turned out:
(Products used on each pennant: Chipboard, Glitter, Sizzix Big Shot, Serif letters, Scallop circle die cut, Bella Blvd. Flowers, Paper from an old book ... other products listed below each pennant, and Pink Ribbon I got at Dear Lizzy's. I tried to use the products I had just sitting in my office. Most of which came from a kit that Margie gave me a long time ago! Thanks lady ... kiss kiss)
(Paper: Girls Paperie by Margie, Pearl Brads, Ribbon, & Mix Tape by American Crafts, Buttons by Jennie Bowlin)

(Paper: My Minds Eye Laundry Line, Ribbon by American Crafts, Buttons by Jennie Bowlin)

(Paper: Girls Paperie by Margie, Crate Paper, Pearl Brads by American Crafts, Buttons by Jennie Bowlin)

(Paper:Girls Paperie by Margie I think? wink, Ribbon by Studio Calico ... I think again? wink, Buttons by Jennie Bowlin)

(Paper: Girls Paperie by Margie, Pearl Buttons by American Crafts, Ribbon from Margie's Kit, Buttons by Jennie Bowlin)

Last but not least, the one topiary wasn't cutting it ... So I made a few more rose balls, made a smaller topiary, and finished it off with some good ol' ribbon! WHEW!

Okay, now for the rain to stop and the flowers to come ... COME ON TULIPS! Let me see you BLOOM!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a fab idea! i love it you are to talented!

Anonymous said...

Love your banner, so cool! The topiaries are beautiful too! glad you had a nice easter.