Friday, April 2, 2010

What a Friday!

My office needs a serious cleaning. Can you say TOO MANY PROJECTS? I am so excited for the LDS General Conference** this weekend to help me get caught up!
** A bi-annual world conference of the Church, held in April and October, where members gather for five two-hour sessions to listen to instruction from Church leaders. General conference is broadcast via satellite from the Conference Center at Church Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah

I went outside today to get rid of that wonderful diaper full of spring "surprises" that Bryson gave me :) and saw the beautiful green leafs, popping up through the bark. The sun was shining, and for a split second I thought AHHHHH I think I can make it! Winter is almost over! Does it seem like Winter has been SO long this year?

All was great and wonderful, until I went to open the door to come back inside, and to my pleasant surprise, Bryson DEADBOLTED me out of the house. I ran around, wondering WHAT in the heck am I going to do. Luckily I found a window unlocked and was able to climb through. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This terrible two year old thing is really going to do me in!

On a lighter note, I was asked to do a post for the Creating Keepsakes Blog ... and created two fun Easter projects to get us all excited for this upcoming Sunday! Be sure to check it out for a fun ribbon tip!

And last but not least, I saw a segment on the hit lifestyle TV show they have on at 11:00 am everyday in Utah called Studio 5. They made these DARLING flower balls out of crate paper and I fell in love with the idea. Instead of hanging them, I decided to go and get clay pots, paint them, and use one of the branches from the spring pruning that was recently done in our yard. I do have to say that it took longer than I was hoping, but the outcome I was SO excited about. I do need some ribbon to finish it off, and I am doing a smaller topiary to match, but haven't finished it yet! I figured if I don't show you now, Spring might be over and it won't be as fun. Be sure to check out the segment

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

haha! Ooooh that Bryson. Maybe the winter seemed so long because you were spoiled in Page with our 'winter' ;)

alicia said...

Thanks for sharing your not so perfect moments and your great crafty ideas. How are you? I often wonder how things are now. Your story really touched me.