Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Christmas Card Party!
On Thursday Evening I decided to have an informal Christmas Project / Card Party. It was a night for me, my family, and friends to enjoy the upcoming season and start projects that we want to get done before December starts! Some of us did neighborhood gifts, others Christmas Countdowns, and I started cutting out the fabric for my Christmas Card. (Don't worry, I will reveal it soon :)
The night was filled with lots of lady chatting, and lots of AWESOMELY good food. I can't wait to share all of the yummy recipes, but for now, here is the Mini Gingerbread Cupcakes, with Cinnamon Whipping Cream frosting on top! They were a HUGE HIT!
(recipe taken from Healthy Cooking Dec/Jan 2010)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground all spice
1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine sugar, oil, egg whites, and egg until well blended.
2. Add applesauce and molasses. Mix well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, all spice and salt.
4. Fill paper lined cups 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees. (18-22 minutes for large cupcakes, 10-11 minutes for mini cupcakes, which are my preferance)
6. Cool completely, then add frosting.
Cinnamon Whipping Cream Frosting
(taken from Amy Richardson - Studio 5 - Topping for Apple Bread Pudding)
2 cups Whipping Cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vannilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until almost set. Then add cinnamon. Put in a pastry bag and add a little dollop on each cooled cupcake!