Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Card Party!


On Thursday Evening I decided to have an informal Christmas Project / Card Party. It was a night for me, my family, and friends to enjoy the upcoming season and start projects that we want to get done before December starts! Some of us did neighborhood gifts, others Christmas Countdowns, and I started cutting out the fabric for my Christmas Card. (Don't worry, I will reveal it soon :)

The night was filled with lots of lady chatting, and lots of AWESOMELY good food. I can't wait to share all of the yummy recipes, but for now, here is the Mini Gingerbread Cupcakes, with Cinnamon Whipping Cream frosting on top! They were a HUGE HIT!
ENJOY!

GINGERBREAD CUPCAKES
(recipe taken from Healthy Cooking Dec/Jan 2010)

2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 egg whites
1 egg
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground all spice
1/2 tsp salt

1. Combine sugar, oil, egg whites, and egg until well blended.
2. Add applesauce and molasses. Mix well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, all spice and salt.
4. Fill paper lined cups 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees. (18-22 minutes for large cupcakes, 10-11 minutes for mini cupcakes, which are my preferance)
6. Cool completely, then add frosting.

Cinnamon Whipping Cream Frosting
(taken from Amy Richardson - Studio 5 - Topping for Apple Bread Pudding)
2 cups Whipping Cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vannilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Beat cream, sugar and vanilla until almost set. Then add cinnamon. Put in a pastry bag and add a little dollop on each cooled cupcake!

3 comments:

Rhona said...

These sound yummy, think I'll have to try them :o)

Amy said...

How did you work out your party? Everyone brought over their own supplies and a treat to share??? Just curious :)

Douglass Family said...

Thanks for your question Amy. I actually made all the food but the fondue, (my sister did that one). I enjoy cooking and finding an excuse to make treats I am craving. However, the realistic, non stressful, and more fun way of doing it would be to have everyone bring their favorite holiday treat. I would suggest, however, to have salty and sweet for all different kinds of taste buds. Hope that answers your question!
M