You know when you have too much time on your hands and you just get to thinking? Well, spare me while I tell you my thoughts.
So Adam has gone back to school and is gone a lot! Then when he is home, he is studying. Although both of us knew that this was the way it was going to be, and we both knew it would be hard ... it kinda hit me over the head one night this week. I didn't have a whole lot of motivation to do much, so I thought I would look at blogs. Now just FYI, I don't follow a lot of blogs. I don't really have a whole lot of extra time between my little ones and work, so on occasion while watching a movie I will "catch up" if you will.
I got to reading all of these amazing blogs about these super women, and I started to get down, thinking ... MAN I am nothing like them. I am not very creative. My kid's PB&J sandwich isn't in the shape of a star, nor have I had even a moment to do either boy's scrapbook. I think I forgot to put deodorant on today. I would love all the funds in the world to re-decorate my room, finish a few projects (like pillows for my couch), or machine quilt the quilt that I finished piecing 2 years ago, not to mention visit every grocery store in the county to get the best deals.
I had one of those girl moments ... you know ... where you cry yourself to sleep, thinking man ... life really could be better, and I could be better. But then it occurred to me ... the readers of my blog probably think that I am a super woman. I usually only post the projects I finish, and the things that "CHANGE MY LIFE". Very seldom do I put things that I did wrong, or screwed up, or even cried about. So for just a minute, I want to explain that I am just as normal as you!
1. I had acne in high school and took acutane. And was wondering today why it is at 29 years old I am getting acne like a teenager again!
2. My office desk is ALWAYS a disaster. I always have an unfinished project and my desk gets so stacked up that it takes me days to clean it off!
3. I hit my head at least once a day because I forget that I am blind in one eye. And then I cry because I am reminded that I have a handicap!
4. I do get extremely impatient with my kids and often times find myself in the laundry room when they are whining themselves to sleep at nap time, because I can't hear them in there.
5. I really just don't feel like cooking all the time. In fact, Pizza is my escape at least once a week.
6. I have an addiction to snow cones ... Pina Colada with cream on it, and found my self getting one almost every day this summer. (hummm maybe that is why I have gained a few pounds?)
7. I HATE TO READ! I really do! Unless it is a good magazine about cooking, or scrapbooking, or an occasional Real Simple magazine, I can't stand it. I fall asleep every time I try to read for longer than 15 minutes.
8. I have a led foot. That is right folks ... I have lost track of how many times I have been to traffic school.
9. I sometimes get tired of creating ... and sometimes comes more often than you think.
10. I constantly feel my love handles and shake my head, pop my zits, think my cloths are out of style, and wish I magically won an extreme makeover contest where they fly me to NYC and visit one of those day spa's like on the movie "One Fine Day".
Those are just 10 of many. See! I am just like you. But I realized today that I am good at a lot of things AND SO ARE YOU!!! Maybe different things than I am good at! I like to try and uplift and inspire women ... not to make them feel like they are worthless if they don't feel crafty all the time. Craftiness is in my blood. I was born with it. As my sister's who all used to call me Martha Stewart as a little girl. But that is one talent that the Lord has given me, and he has given all of you great talents too. So lets INSPIRE each other ... not put guilt trips on one another. Please email me if you have some wonderful ideas too! I would love to invite guests to my blog to write about something that has CHANGED YOUR LIFE!
GREAT BIG Hugs from me!