Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wicked!


So last Halloween I got tickets for my family to go and see the Broadway musical WICKED in Salt Lake City. It just happened that this weekend was our weekend to go!

We all pitched in and gave my parents the tickets for Christmas ... this was their reaction. If you have ever seen Wicked, the reaction suits them well. It was so awesome. I was the only one in the group who had seen it before. Although I felt the Glinda in Chicago was MUCH better, it was still just as good and so fun to enjoy it with the family.

We saw a matinee at 2:00 pm and went the the Cheesecake Factory following. It was all of us but my brother and sister-in-law that went. They had already seen it and decided to not spend the extra cash at Christmas time. I am thinking they were wishing they saw it again :)

What a great weekend we had!

3 comments:

MelanieL said...

"Wicked" was my first, and only musical, I have seen. I seen it in Los Angeles in highschool and it was the best part of the trip. I really loved it=]

AngMomof3 said...

That is the absolute cutest photo of your parents! I LOVE catching reactions like that on film (er, digitally now...) Thanks for including that! LOL!

I'd love to see Wicked too. Maybe someday.

Allison said...

Wow, so cute. I took my whole family to see the show in NYC 3 years ago. My 93 year old grandmother loved it.

I came across your blog posting through Google, hope you don't mind. I run a community on facebook called Broadway in Utah. This is a great story and would love to post it on our fan page if you were ok with that. If you want to hear about other Broadway Shows & Theatre events in SLC or connect with like minded folks please check our fan page out.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Salt-Lake-City-UT/Broadway-in-Utah/74479071436?ref=ts
Thank you!