Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Beginnings

So I am the Young Women's President in my ward, and New Beginnings was this past Wednesday. We had the girls plan it, and us leaders helped them out. It was a lot of work but tons of fun.

First ... here is the invite, I helped one of my YW make:

The idea was to introduce all the girls who will be turning 12 into the Young Women program, and give them an idea of what is all about. We made a huge sandwich, and each condiment stood for a different Young Woman value. The girls had tons of fun making chef hats, creating posters, and making the sandwich. It was a great night and was lots of fun!


Now I would like to take all the credit for this activity, but I got the idea off of a great website called sugardoodle.net. Check it out!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a cute idea!! I wish they had those resources when I was in the YW..

Emily R. said...

:D What a fun idea!! I use to do Jr. High Ministry at my old church, I am hoping to get involved with it at me new church!