Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PLATE WALL!

So I have been collecting plates for MONTHS, trying to create a little "color" in my kitchen.

To my surprise yesterday, I got the last couple of plates, and was able to complete my wall. I AM THRILLED!

So you might ask, how does one do a plate wall? First, look up Google Images, and type in PLATE WALL. It will give you LOTS of really awesome pictures. Next, you pick a color scheme, then you look, & Look, & LOOK! EVERYWHERE! Some of the plates were as cheap as $.50 others were $8.00. It was REALLY fun to do. Hope you love it as much as I do!

M

9 comments:

Mrs. Davison said...

OOOh I love it!

Jana said...

super cute Mandy!

Heather B said...

I DO love it, that's fabulous!

ricksdl said...

nice plates - I love your family pictures. ang

lys said...

Well done! It was fun to run into you today! How's your calendar looking for a get together the first weekend of November? Email me and let me know.

Wendy said...

So fun! It looks great!

Niki Carter said...

Cute! I really like the rug too!

Ella Swan said...

It's so cool & I'd love to do the same but please share what you use to adhere the plates to the wall? Is it mirror tape {double sided & quarter inch thick foam?} as it doesn't look like you have any metal plate holders/springs over the sides holding them onto a screw at the back. Thanks so much - they look beautiful...

Megan R said...

Great idea. We are building a new house shortly so have filed this away in my new home file! Thanks!!