Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Scrapbooker of the Year 2008

Some of you may know that in September 2008, Creating Keepsakes Magazine named me Scrapbooker of the Year. The award came as a complete shock! I never thought that what began as an activity to excite myself again to scrapbook my own photos, and not just for scrapbook manufacturing companies, started an adventure that is hard to describe!

I have worked for Scrapbooking companies, on and off for about 10 years, but the thought of publishing pages that I enjoyed doing, that were my style, and expressed my deepest feelings, was something I had not shared with the public. Now here I am, a year and a half later, sharing with you all the little pieces of my life, and displaying that piece of creativity that has been instilled in my soul since I was young.

Creating Keepsakes has only published a few of those pages that inspired them to choose me for this award, and so as an exciting series to my blog, (and celebration that I am now updating my blog regularly) I thought I would share one of these pages with you each day for the next little while. What do you think?

Now after winning the contest, some friends were very congratulatory, and other friends were mean and belligerent. My pages are what they are ... SIMPLE! I am so grateful for the great scrappers who inspire me to explore many different techniques and help me find my creative spark. I hope you all know that the fact that they would pick me ... out of all of those talented scrapbookers still blows me away to this day. I hope that these few pages will inspire you!
Mandy

This page was about my husband's work softball team he played on, the summer after we got married. We didn't have any kids then so I was able to go to almost every game. Although most of the products included on this page are no longer sold in stores, it still is one of my most favorites pages!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

I do like your pages. I was surprised to check back to your blog and see that you're updating regularly. I hope you're doing well.
I really like this page about baseball. I love the yellow (I find yellow to be the hardest color for me to work with) with the black. The page is fun and has just the right amount of contrast.

Heather said...

Wow...love it. I am finding myself coveting your skills. I love scrapbooking and haven't done it in a while. Keep inspiring me. I might come upstairs and join you one of these days.

Denise Z. said...

You may think that your pages are "simple" but what I always enjoy about them is that the focus is on the pictures and they tell the story. I love your clean style (and the fact that you often put more than one picture on a page! LOL!)

I'm glad you're back to blogging--and I hope that you're doing well.

Cindy deRosier said...

"Friends" were mean and belligerent? That's too bad. I love your style and find you a very deserving winner. My style is similar to yours and I enjoy seeing what you do.

Rosa B. said...

I LOVE your style! Really, I do!!! I look forward to seeing your layouts - you're always an inspiration to me!

The Boys Mommy said...

Love them...can see why CK picked you!!! Thanks for inspiring me to get some pages done!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think your pages are fabulous :)

nikki said...

Your mean and belligerent "Friends"... poo. I like simple pages. I am not a scrapbooker, but if I were they would be simple pages in my book. Keep it coming.

Julie said...

I love this baseball page! I love that your pages are so clean looking, but are still so interesting. I wish you could come out with a book. :) I really like the pages you did that came out in the latest CK. Do you do very many two page layouts? I would really appreciate seeing some of those if you do!

I'm glad you're able to post more again. Your life must be so busy with two little boys, but you really are an inspiration. Thank you!