Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday night ... Pizza night ... at the DOUGLASS'

SO ... it is 9:30 ... I am watching LOST (Which I am only watching cause it is the last season & I need to finally find out why the heck they are on that island!) & I just couldn't let you guys down. Now that I am back, I am back ... and need to make sure I fulfill all my promises. SO here is the Pizza recipe I promised.

Homemade Pizza

I got this recipe years ago at a cooking class I took at Thanksgiving Point, (that was back in the day when the classes were $10 per class, not $50)

They taught us that most grocery store bakery's will sell French bread dough to you for the same price as regular french bread. It can be used for LOTS of things ... scones is one idea, and my favorite ... crust for pizza. Walmart is not the easiest to get the dough at because for some reason they have to grab a manager every time you ask, but it is still possible.

You take the dough home, unthaw it if needed, and roll it out.
Simply take your favorite pizza sauce (Contadina is my favorite) and spread half of can over pizza.(freeze other half of sauce)
Get a package of mozzarella cheese (2 cups) and spread over sauce
1 Package of Hormel Canadian Bacon (entire package) on top of mozzarella cheese.
Tidbit Pineapple
Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese. (I like Tillamook because it isn't as greasy as other cheeses.

Bake at 350 20-30 minutes.

One great idea that my sister does at Valentines day is forms small pizza crusts into hearts and lets the kids make their own with whatever toppings they would like. I think it is a fantastic idea ... however Bryson and Chad don't get fun things like that yet, so I will have to wait a few years :)

I promise you will love it! It is Adam's Favorite.

8 comments:

sarahw said...

This looks great, thanks for the recipe. I have a great one for shrimp and past if you would like it. :)

Tammy said...

YUM! That is our favorite pizza too...Ham and pineapple! Delicious!

Delane said...

Wow! I never would have thought of asking a bakery for their dough. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH that looks so good. I am going to see if I can get dough from my grocery store. I am really glad that your back.

Tammy said...

Hi Mandy....just wanted to let you know I received my book yesterday...lovin' it! Thanks again for your generosity! God bless you!

wendy smedley said...

So good to see you blogging again. I missed you at this last CHA- eager to follow you and your cute boys, keep writing

Anonymous said...

I've read your blog for awhile after being drawn to your scrapbook pages through CK. As a mother of two boys myself (2 1/2 years and 9 months), I have really identified with a lot of your posts. After reading your recent updates, I literally found myself with tears in my eyes. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the great ideas and source of inspiration!

Steven and Kristi Bernards said...

I tried your pizza recipe for Superbowl Sunday and everyone loved it. We did one pepp, olives, onions as well as the Hawaiian. The fun thing was that without the cheese we could also make one for Rachel. Getting the dough at Walmart in Page was quite the experience, so I think I'll try Safeway next time. Thanks, Mandy.