Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Activities

I am finally getting to some projects that I have needed to finish for a LONG time! This morning Adam and I woke up early, and got a few of my New Years cleaning resolutions out of the way .... first we fixed our cabinets in our kitchen; then cleaned the upstairs carpets; Next cleaned underneath and behind the washer and dryer; Finally finished the birthday gifts for my Young Women this year. I have already made a few of them for the girls who had their birthday's in January and February ... but I have had the rest of them staring at me and needed them OUT of my office!
So this is how they turned out!

The theme this year for the youth in the LDS church is Timothy 4:12 - Let no man despise thy youth, but be an example of the believers ..." Me and my counselors decided to give them a little metal prayer hanger to remind them to pray and ask for the Lord's guidance to be an example of the believers each day. We also gave them a candle to remind them to be "the light of the world ... a city on a hill that cannot be hid" (Matt 5:14). I think they turned out pretty cute and the girls seem to like them so far!
Hope you do too!

Here's to getting more projects DONE! Now I just need to finish my knitting project. I am so excited to show you!

No comments: