Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And the Gender is ...

Well, It has been 24 hours of waiting for a lot of you, and I am sorry that I am now just getting to the blog but the baby is:

ANOTHER BOY!!

As for names, I am really struggling. When we had Bryson, we were trying to decide between Landon and Bryson ... so who knows, maybe we will end up with this one named Landon!

In other news:

SUNDAY WAS MY BIRTHDAY!
But I would have to say that I had more of a birthday weekend rather than just a birthday! Here is a recap of the weekend!
My mom & sisters called me and said, we are coming to St. George this weekend to get out of this cold weather and to celebrate your birthday! So they drove 3 1/2 hours South and I dropped off Adam and Bryson off at his parents house in Kanab on my 2 hour and 15 minute drive West to meet them! It was a great overnight trip filled with GREAT food (Olive Garden, Bear Paw Cafe, Texas Roadhouse Grill), lots of shopping, laughing (how can you not laugh at Tammy with that head lamp!), relaxing (hot tubbing & basking in the nice 60 degree weather), and just being together! Although everyone was sad I didn't bring Bryson, we all got our baby fill with Addy joining us. She isn't quite weaned yet, but fit right in with "the girls".

I got home Saturday night and had to prepare my lesson for Young Womens. On Sunday I had meetings starting at 7:00 am, then teach my lesson at 8:00 am (that is right, church starts at 8:00), then sing in Sacrament meeting, then another meeting after church. Luckily I was able to get a little nap in after church and still have time to make my own birthday cake. (Don't worry, I like to make my own cake! It was an ice cream cake!) On top of everything else, Adam even made me spaghetti for dinner! (He doesn't cook much so it was a REAL treat!) Our friends the Ricks came over to bring me a card and say Happy birthday. Their little girl colored a picture for me and brought me some candy too! It was SO dang cute! Angela gave me the gift of lunch on Monday with no kids, while her husband tended the little ones! Here are some fun pictures:

Last but not least ... Adam got me the new printer I have wanted for years! I think I got all the expensive toys I have wanted for now. Camera, CHECK! Desk, CHECK! Scanner, CHECK! Printer, CHECK! OOOooooh! Now I have all of the office toys I have been saving for! There aren't too many presents, well cloths, that can you ask for when you're pregnant. So why not get scrapbooking stuff! :)

11 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun!! And happy (late) Birthday! Would love to get out of this inversion myself..

Amber said...

I got that printer for Christmas and I LOVE it! =) Happy late Birthday!

Jules said...

happy birthday, you old woman! :)
that is so nice that you got to play with the girls--I love when our fam does that.
congrats on the 2nd boy! bryson will have a little buddy!

lys said...

Congrats! You will LOVE having two boys so close together. They'll be BFFs.

Anonymous said...

I just met the cutest little boy named Bennet. Like Bryson it is unique. I personally have a Blake. congrats on #2. We have 3 girls and a boy! ellie

Rachel said...

Congrats on boy #2. We just found out that we are having a girl this time around. I kinda wish I was having another boy but excited about having a girl (my son kept wanting a little sister anyway). Also found out that my c-section is tentatively scheduled for the 28th of May. yay! Glad you had a good birthday!!!

If you are interested I have a blog too: rachelcbriggs.blogspot.com. check it out sometime!

Mark and April Sullivan said...

Yeah for boy number two!! Bryson is just the cutest little guy so I can't wait for another Douglas/Dudley creation. How exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I love baby boys. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Love ya!

becky said...

congrats mandy! so happy for you and this new little addition!

MeganKP said...

Hi Mandy!
i think i read somewhere that you used to be a graphic designer? i cant remember where i saw this because i couldn't find again, anyway i am 16 years old and i've been looking into different careers and being a graphic designer interested me, but i was wondering if you could give me some information on what you did, what skils you had before you started, for example, were you good at drawing? or is it more computer things?
Any information would be awesome!
Thank you so much for your time!

Megan

Jana said...

Mandy,
I have been checking your other blog for a week or so just waiting to read the post on the baby, I didn't even think to look here. Congratulations! The two boys can be buddies. We are happy for you two. Also, I thought of you on your birthday and forgot to call. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
Much Love!