Saturday, January 31, 2009

Advent Calendar

You know, I am TERRIBLE at remembering birthdays. For a Papercrafts issue last year I submitted this cute advent calendar, but it didn't get accepted. I usually am not terribly disappointed when my things don't get accepted, but I wonder, NOW what I am I going to do with this? It has not been the case with this little submittal!

Here is how to make one for all you "Birthday forgetters" out there:
Get a cheap $.99 photo brag book at walmart.
Print out 2" x 2" pictures of each person in your family. (I did both my family and Adam's family)
Decorate the top part with their pictures and place a calendar ... one that doesn't expire from year to year ... on the bottom portion of the book. I just made my own in Illustrator. (feel free to email me if you want a PDF of them!) skierdouglass@gmail.com!
I happened to use the DARLING calendar rub-ons, and embellishments from American Crafts to decorate it.

I will tell you one thing, I have surely enjoyed using it this past year. I still forget birthdays on occasion, but it sure has helped me out! Hopefully it will be a great project to help you out too!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I have been looking for a way to better organize birthdays.. thanks!!