Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I love Halloween ...

... for one reason, and one reason only.

SUGAR COOKIES!!!!
These are not just any sugar cookies. I feel confident in saying that pretty much any person I have made them for, has asked for the recipe. Not only that, but my Bro-in-law Erik BEGS me to make them every year. Sorry man, you'll just have to drive to Page to visit us if you want some this year ... he he he! Oh I can't go on without mentioning the GREATEST sugar cookie day in history! Hey and Maria, do you remember our day of making sugar cookies, taking your sister's car, and 80's music ... not to mention James and the Giant Peach? Oh yeah! I remember! (sorry to reminisce. but it was too classic of a day not to mention along with this recipe!)
This recipe may change your life! It makes a TON so make sure you share with friends :)

THEY WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE, SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking soda (dissolve in 2 T. of water)
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
7 cups flour

Mix together shortening, eggs, sugar, & vanilla. Add in salt, soda water, and baking powder. Alternate adding flour and milk. Bake at 350 degrees. Check at 6 minutes. (They don't look completely done when you take them out. Let them cook a little more on the pan. They should be a very light brown color on the bottom.)

FROSTING

1 cube softened butter
1 Lb. powdered sugar (2 1/2 cups)
1 t. Vanilla (I prefer Mexican vanilla)
2-3 T. Milk

Mix together until smooth. I start adding the milk last. You want it to be more thick than runny!

No comments: